Direkt zum Inhalt | Direkt zur Navigation

Personal tools

Sektionen
Home | Family business | History

1907

Laurens Janssen founds Ostfriesische Tee Gesellschaft, OTG

1953

Laurens Spethmann, grandson of the company founder, moves the company forward from classic tea importer to tea distributor

1966

The launch of the MILFORD brand quickly makes private label producer OTG a branded company

1972

Internationalisation begins with the acquisition of Grosch Tee, Austria (later named Milford Tee Austria)

1976

Acquisition of HUXOL-Teegesellschaft giving the company a new market

1983

HUXOL buys the Veelmann Production Plant, Bad Salzuflen, giving the company a second market with the Veelmann brand for people with diabetes and the health-food brand HUXOL

1984

Acquisition of the MEDIN food manufacturing plant in Faulbach

1988

Acquisition of the tea company OnnO Behrends, Norden, in East Frisia

1989

Acquisition of packaged tea seller Ludwig Schwarz, Buchholz (later Milford Tea)

1990

Acquisition of Ed Meßmer, Frankfurt am Main and Grettstadt

1992

Acquisition of PAGÈS, France and founding of OTG Lager- und Frachtkontor GmbH, Buchholz

1996

The present owners buy all shares from their parents and take over the management of the LSH, acquisition of Schneekoppe, Mönchengladbach, founding of OOO Milford Moscow, Russia

2001

Purchase of share in Nordgetreide cereal manufacturers, Lübeck (further locations in Falkenhagen, Überherrn)

2007

OTG celebrates its 100th anniversary, founding of Nutrisun

2008

Meßmer MOMENTUM opens

2011

Construction of a new building for the company headquarters in Seevetal

2016

Opening of the warehouse expansion OTG Lager- und Frachtkontor south, Grettstadt

History

“Focussing on people, markets and brands – in this philosophy lies the secret of success for the development of the Ostfriesische Tee Gesellschaft”, as stated in the commemorative book, “100 Years OTG: Tea – A Culture Uniting People”, published in 2007 to mark the company’s 100 year anniversary. Still today the OTG remains the largest subsidiary of the LSH. The only constant is the change that has been evident in the first hundred years and thereafter.